TV & Radio Press
|San Diego’s Jazz 88.3||DRadio Wissen||BBC World Service||KPBS||Radio New Zealand National|
|Art Scene Radio||NewsTalk||CBS News 8 – 1||CBS News 8 -2||FOX 5|
|Tetrachromacy Research||ABC 10 News||UT-TV Night & Day||UT-TV Night & Day||CW6 San Diego Living|
Recent Awards & Exhibitions
- SOCALPAPA’s “Painting the Light, Here, There and Everywhere Sunbathing Eucalyptus Painting, May 2015
- SDMAAG Centennial Members’ Exhibition Bell Tower Of Beauty, Balboa Park, San Diego Painting, May 2015
- International Wine Show Del Mar CA Guest Speaker April 26 2015
- SDMA Artist Guild Guest Live Demonstration March 21 2015
- La Mesa Rotary Guest Speaker February 4 2015
- Miracle Maker” Rady Children’s Hospital, San Diego 2014
- VIP Juried Selection SOLO ArtExpo NYC April 2015
- Solo Fine Art Exhibition Women’s Museum of California September 5 – 28, 2014
- Sunrise Rotary Downtown San Diego June 11, 2014 University Club Guest Speaker
- Rady Children’s Hospital Healing Art Donation June 5, 2014 Diptych Installation “Believe ~ The Healing Power of Art and Nature”
- The Santaluz Club, Art and Wine Event, Invitational April 5, 2014
- Juried in Work for SDMA Artists Guild “Made In San Diego” Show March 2014
- Presented at La Jolla Rotary January 14, 2014
- Juried into San Diego Museum of Art Artist Guild’s “Made in America” Exhibition 2014 Poway Theater for Performing Arts
- Nominee, Women Who Mean Business San Diego Business Journal November 2013 Nominee, Top women in San Diego to be recognized as a Women Who Mean Business.
- Nominee, Women Who Move The City San Diego Magazine September 2013 Nominee, Women Who Move The City Award by San Diego Magazine.
- Presented at University Club San Diego – Executive Women’s Council May 23, 2013
- “The Presidio Sentinel” Newspaper – San Diego 2012-2014 Monthly Columnist “The Artful Spirit”
- Design Excellence Award for Best Use of Textiles ASID (American Society of Interior Designers) December 2012 Design Excellence Award for Best Use of Textiles awarded by ASID San Diego for my line of vintage furniture.
- THE ROSE AWARD for Outstanding Contributions to the Community Mission Hills Town Council 2009 Commended by the Mission Hills Town Council for services to the community. Presented to The Salon Of Art School for fine art instruction. Antico’s school has been in the Mission Hills area since 2003, previously started in La Jolla in 1994. Fine artist Concetta Antico is the founder and educator.
- Presented at Bonita Rotary September 14, 2009
- TWIN Award Women in Business
- SDMA Artists Guild
- International Plein Air Painters
- The California Art Club
- Laguna Plein Air Painters Association
- Southern California Plein Air Painters
- Oil Painters Of America
- American Impressionist Society, Inc.
- San Diego Art Institute
- American Women Artists
What’s Been Said
Concetta is one of those rare exceptions, someone whom by her own admission was born to be an artist, right down to her given name, which means “an ingenious idea.” The Espresso
There are people you meet who make little or no impact on our lives. Concetta K. Antico changes people’s lives, through her kindness and art. Presidio Sentinel
Good morning, Concetta, watching you paint in real time is remarkable. What You can complete in 3 hours would be better than any other artist would want. John Roberts, Director of San Diego Arts Foundation