“Ava’s Gift”, 4×6, was a gift from Concetta’s daughter
Violet – the Muse’s favorite color and her Mother’s favorite flower!
Concetta loves Edouard Manet’s painting, gifted with love to Berthe Morisot, “Bunch of Violets” (1892)
The Violet Family of Color
- The Egyptian queen Cleopatra loved purple. To obtain one ounce of Tyrian purple dye, she had her servants soak 20,000 Purpura snails for 10 days.
- In Thailand, purple is worn by a widow mourning her husband’s death.
- A “purple heart” is a U.S. military decoration for soldiers wounded or killed in battle.
- Purple is a royal color.
- Purple robes are an emblem of authority and rank.
- “Purple speech” is profane talk.
- “Purple prose” is writing that is full of exaggerated literary effects and ornamentation.
- Leonardo da Vinci believed that the power of meditation increases 10 times when done in a purple light, as in the purple light of stained glass.
- Purple in a child’s room is said to help develop the imagination according to color theory.
- Richard Wagner composed his operas in a room with shades of violet, his color of inspiration.